Do you have a Sun Prairie High School student working in your business doing great things for your business?
Sun Prairie Business and Education Partnership* has been hearing from area businesses about the lack of GRIT** from some young employees. With your help, Sun Prairie BEP has a plan to encourage and improve the workplace skills of today’s high school students.
In an effort to advance our goal of promoting workplace skills, we have created a new student reward program, the GRIT Campaign to recognize Sun Prairie students working in area businesses that are demonstrating the workplace skills business leaders value.
What will you get?
1. A chance to recognize the employees that help make your business successful
2. Great public relations as BEP will distribute information announcing the recognition you provided your employee to local media
3. Create a positive role model within your business for other young employees to emulate
Here’s how it works:
1. You nominate a Sun Prairie High School student working in your business that has great workplace skills using this link: http://tinyurl.com/BEP-GRIT
2. A BEP review committee will review the nominations and select the students to recognize
3. The student will receive recognition at Sun Prairie High School
4. BEP will create a short video highlighting the student’s success at their workplace
5. Local media will highlight the recognition to raise awareness of the community’s efforts to improve our future workforce
Nomination information can be found at the web site listed above. Please use the attached GRIT grid when considering potential Sun Prairie High School students to nominate.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We are excited for this opportunity to encourage our students to be great workplace leaders and look forward to hearing from you.
View the introductory GRIT video here: GRIT Video
* BEP, a committee of local businesses working with Sun Prairie schools to create positive experiences for students and stronger future employees.
**Give it your all, Responsibility, Initiative, Teamwork. GRIT are the soft-skills needed to succeed at work.
Mayor's Proclamation photos; included in the photos are Jimmy Kauffmann, Associated Bank; Mike Krachey, School Board; Tim Culver, Patrick Malinowski, Summit Credit Union; Betsy Butler, Sun Prairie High School and Nancy Everson.