Free Y membership!
- Facilitates socialization, participation and interaction of all participants through active involvement in a safe, fun and developmentally appropriate activities in a licensed preschool child care program; provides adaptations based on individual needs and utilizes positive behavior guidance techniques with participants.
- Implements developmentally appropriate program curriculum.
- Assures compliance with accreditation, licensing, school district and YMCA program standards when applicable.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with members, guests, supervisor and co-workers.
- Respects the confidentiality of all members, volunteers and staff at all times.
- Knows and understands child care programs, department policies and emergency procedures and is able to clearly explain said information to members.
- Acts as a positive role model while implementing YMCA healthy living policies, character development and the four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with Wisconsin Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten licensure required.
- At least 6 months months related experience as a teacher in a licensed preschool or early childhood education center required.
- Ability to apply current research and theory to instructional programming required.
- Ability to identify child's needs, make appropriate referrals, and implement individual education plans and or 504 plans based on the school district's policies and recommendations required.
- Knowledge of general child growth and development, learning theories, and developmentally appropriate activities for children required.
- Must possess reliable transportation for travel when required.
- Must possess and maintain within the indicated time frame:
- CPR/AED and First Aid training within 30 days of start date.
- Y Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, Bloodborne Pathogens, Epi Pen and Shaken Baby Syndrome training within 60 days of start date.
The YMCA of Dane County is an equal opportunity employer and we are committee to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, handicap, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable state law.