Looking for a dynamic role model who knows how to build confidence, teamwork and fun.
Sun Prairie & Deforest - (Part Time / Seasonal)
- Discount on child care
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Free YMCA Membership!
- If you love to work with kids and are available 2-6 pm please apply.
- At least 18 yrs old with a HS Degree or GED
SUMMARY: The Lead Teacher is responsible for the daily operation of one childcare site. This includes providing quality childcare, acting as a positive role model for children and other staff, while developing and implementing thematic age appropriate activities. The function of this position is to be accomplished in accordance with the Child Care Branch and within the policies and procedures of the YMCA of Dane County and Wisconsin State Licensing Standards.
No supervisory responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and supervises developmentally appropriate activities with children.
- Collaborates with other SACC teachers to develop and plan thematic and age appropriate activities for children daily.
- Engages children during program hours.
- Maintains accountability of all assigned children at all times.
- Implements and practices emergency procedures in accordance with Wisconsin State Licensing and YMCA of Dane County policies and procedures.
- Utilizes positive behavior guidance techniques with children.
- Provides leadership and guidance to SACC Assistant Teacher(s).
- Communicates in a positive, appropriate, timely manner with YMCA staff, children and families.
- Maintains a safe, organized, and healthy environment by fostering cooperative social behavior through games, group projects, global awareness and supervision.
- Prepares family board with all required materials.
- Continuously monitors and updates the registration binder at designated YMCA Child Care Program in accordance with Wisconsin State Licensing Standards.
- Respects the confidentiality of all children, volunteers, and staff at all times.
- Ensures daily upkeep of program supplies and facilities.
- Maintains current status on all required certifications.
- Attends all required trainings and meetings.
- Ensures daily communication with all families.
- Communicates with families and support staff daily to ensure the integration of children with special needs.
- Submits all paperwork on time including but not limited to: time cards, activity plans, supply lists, state guidelines check lists and newsletters.
- Encourages and models healthy nutrition and a healthy lifestyle during program hours.
- Ensures site is fully stocked with consumable supplies.
- Swims with and supervises children at designated swim times and maintains YMCA aquatic ratios.
- Assists with the coordination of family outreach activities.
- Completes sub notes for program.
- Arrives at scheduled time.
- Assists at other child care sites when needed as determined by the School Age Child Care Site Director or Regional Directors.
- Focuses on member service through engagement, connections and relationship building.
- Follows program rules, YMCA policies and the YMCA Code of Conduct.
- Exhibits the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility daily.
- Promotes YMCA programs, events and activities.
- Continues professional growth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Related employment experience, experience with early childhood programs and in licensed child care programs preferred.
- 80 hours of child development or related course work; classified as a Lead Teacher by Wisconsin State Licensing requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with children with a variety of different abilities and needs.
- Must possess professional and effective communication skills.
- Must be able and willing to participate in the water during aquatic activities.
- Must have or obtain CPR, AED and First Aid certification within 60 days of beginning work with children.
- Must complete New Staff Orientation, Blood Borne Pathogen Training, Child Abuse Prevention, Epi Pen Training, and Listen First within 60 days of hire
- Must have completed a health examination and tested negative on a TB test within 12 months before beginning work with children, or must obtain health examination and TB test within 30 days of beginning work with children.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Regularly moves about or positions self to supervise and interact with children at their level.
- Occasionally lifts, transports, positions, or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Typically work is performed indoors, but will also include outdoor activities in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to monitor and observe the activities of children and program participants.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner with parents, children, members, supervisors and co-workers; maintaining confidentiality and exchanging accurate information in all communications.
- Must possess reliable transportation for travel to program site daily, and meetings and trainings when required.
- Occasionally required to participate in swim and water activities.
- May require the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to apply CPR and First Aid skills as needed and respond to emergency situations
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- Family satisfaction is rated high based on program assessment and/or evaluations.
- Families feel the program supports their child’s emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- Families feel the teacher’s interactions are positive.
- Site is in compliance with Wisconsin State Licensing Standards when assessed by licenser.
- Site meets City of Madison Accreditation Standards, Madison sites continue to be accredited.
- School Principals or Building Supervisors give positive feedback about staff and program.
- By providing a positive experience, involvement in our YMCA will grow and we can continue to provide high quality programming to meet the needs of our communities and assist in achieving the strategic goals of the YMCA of Dane County, Inc
The YMCA of Dane County is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, handicap, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable state law.