Four Lakes Label is a division of Western States Envelope and Label. As the premiere manufacturer of envelopes and labels, Western States Envelope & Label (WSEL) serves a national market of customers that include printers, distributors and mailing-service providers. Headquartered in Butler, Wisconsin (west of Milwaukee), we operate five full-service plants that comprise our Envelope and Label Divisions and have been in business since 1908.
WSEL is known for our expansive offerings, unrivaled stock product selection, Continuous Improvement, innovative manufacturing techniques (Lean & Quick Response Manufacturing, robotics, etc.) and commitment to environmental stewardship through a Passion for Preservation via Change of Custody (CoC) Certifications, recycling, energy efficient facilities and Eco-Friendly Products that include CoC Certified and recycled and reusable envelopes.
At the center of it all, our adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic team of employees are committed to Continuous Improvement and the right solutions for our customers’ needs.
We don’t just make envelopes and labels, we provide a means to protect our customers’ message or a way to communicate it. We are on a mission to make sure any important message is received and are passionate about this, after all, “Your Message is Our Mission”.
For this 1st shift role, the work schedule includes four 9-hour days Monday – Thursday, 6:00am - 3:30pm (30-minute unpaid lunch) and a 4-hour day on Friday, 7:00am – 11:00am. This provides for a half day on Friday and a longer weekend! However, based on business needs, overtime may be required periodically.
POSITION ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates standing or sedentary rewind equipment to cut, package and prepare finished labels for shipment according to customer specifications. This requires using two hands to set-up rolls and empty spools and use of a foot pedal to operate some pieces of rewind equipment.
- Meet expected production output while working safely and following all procedures and policies.
- Completes required quality and production logs.
- Work with other shifts to keep area clean and safe.
- Follows all Lean practices and be an active member of the team.
Position Required Qualifications
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Display strong communication skills; ability to read, write and speak English.
- Possess basic math and computer operation skills.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, bend, twist and lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
- Be dependable and work the agreed upon schedule.
- Have reliable transportation.
Position Preferred Qualifications
- Press or label manufacturing experience preferred, not required as we will train
- Associates/undergraduate degree or some college coursework.
- Understanding of, or experience working in a Lean and/or Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM) environment.
- An in-depth training program prepares all team members for success.
- Opportunities for employees to provide input/suggestions on process improvements.
- Open concept newly remodeled office environment.
- Fast team based working environment.
Why you want to work for us?
We are a stable privately held business with a 110 + year history of being an “About Family Company” in that employees, their families and our communities are at the forefront of how we do business in an atmosphere which is both autonomous and collaborative. The leadership team is highly focused on supporting sales efforts and driving growth and diversification. We have commanded 5+% market share within a $3 billion industry, with more opportunity to increase. WSEL has unique products and one of the largest volumes of catalog options for customers. We are obsessed with high quality customer care and providing excellent products.