Four Lakes Label is a division of Western States Envelope and Label. As the premiere manufacturer of envelopes and labels, Western States Envelope & Label (WSEL) serves a national market of customers that include printers, distributors and mailing-service providers. Headquartered in Butler, Wisconsin (west of Milwaukee), we operate five full-service plants that comprise our Envelope and Label Divisions and have been in business since 1908.
WSEL is known for our expansive offerings, unrivaled stock product selection, Continuous Improvement, innovative manufacturing techniques (Lean & Quick Response Manufacturing, robotics, etc.) and commitment to environmental stewardship through a Passion for Preservation via Change of Custody (CoC) Certifications, recycling, energy efficient facilities and Eco-Friendly Products that include CoC Certified and recycled and reusable envelopes.
At the center of it all, our adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic team of employees are committed to Continuous Improvement and the right solutions for our customers’ needs.
We don’t just make envelopes and labels, we provide a means to protect our customers’ message or a way to communicate it. We are on a mission to make sure any important message is received and are passionate about this, after all, “Your message is our mission”.
Coordinates/performs activities and leads team members in the sites order fulfillment, receiving, warehousing and shipping of materials and products in accordance with requirements. Establishes and revises processes for improvements to the flow of goods and materials through the sites inventory and distribution functions in accordance with site and corporate goals/directives.
POSITION ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and leads the sites warehouse team members in the safe performance of job duties. This includes establishing work schedules/assignments, participating in selection and training initiatives and being the main contact for concerns and issues requiring troubleshooting and resolution. Coaches, evaluates, motivates and rewards team members to enhance performance, development and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personal actions.
- Directs and performs duties related to the administration/preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping product which includes safely operating powered lift trucks as required. Inputs and reviews records for accuracy and determines adequacy of stock levels to ensure maximum quality and efficiency as needed. Works with internal functional departments to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships
- Tracks, analyzes and communicates key performance metrics, program updates and on-going program information. Performs continuous improvement activities within department and site that includes analyzing industry best practices to identify new programs to differentiate the organization in the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction. Serves as liaison to Operations and Marketing & Sales cell team members to develop system solutions to support warehouse programs.
Position Required Qualifications
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college/technical school and 2+ years related experience; or at least 5 years equivalent combination of education and related experience. Related experience should include direct warehouse/logistics management and first level supervision in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to build rapport across all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to facilitate and involve/lead team members in planning, decision making and development activities resulting in improvements.
- Solid administration and computer skills; experience with an ERP/Warehouse Management System is highly desirable.
- Ability to successfully complete training and testing requirements to operate powered lift trucks safely.
Position Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with a Microsoft D-356 ERP/WMS system.
- Understanding of or experience working in a Lean and/or Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM) environment.
- Experience in label manufacturing.
- An in-depth training program prepares all team members for success.
- Opportunities for employees to provide input/suggestions on process improvements.
- Open concept newly remodeled office environment.
- Fast team based working environment.
Why you want to work for us?
We are a stable privately held business with a 110 + year history of being an “About Family Company” in that employees, their families and our communities are at the forefront of how we do business in an atmosphere which is both autonomous and collaborative. The leadership team is highly focused on supporting sales efforts and driving growth and diversification. We have commanded 5+% market share within a $3 billion industry, with more opportunity to increase. WSEL has unique products and one of the largest volumes of catalog options for customers. We are obsessed with high quality customer care and providing excellent products.