DeWitt Welcomes Theresa L. Roetter, a Seasoned Adoption and Family Law Attorney to Its Madison Office
Press Release: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MADISON | MILWAUKEE | MINNEAPOLIS – DeWitt LLP announced today attorney Theresa L. Roetter joined its Madison office as an equity partner in the Family Law practice area.
Roetter specializes in Assisted Reproduction, Adoption, Guardianship, and LGBT Law. In particular, she provides assisted reproduction and adoption services to her clients. One of just a handful of attorneys in Wisconsin with this combination of practice areas, Theresa’s practice is state-wide and her clients come from Wisconsin, other U.S. States, and many foreign countries.
She drafts and negotiates gestational surrogacy agreements as well as sperm and egg donation agreements and has established parentage in many Wisconsin counties. She works closely with other attorneys, surrogacy matching agencies, and psychologists to ensure that all parties are well informed as they begin their surrogacy journey.Roetter earned her J.D., form Marquette University Law School and her B.A., from St. Norbert College. She is admitted to practice in the State Bar of Wisconsin, the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court of the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin.
She is affiliated with:
- Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys – Fellow - Vice-President (2016-17) and Trustee (2012-2016)
- American Bar Association – Member (Family Law Section - Assisted Reproductive Technology Committee Member)
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Legal Practice Group - Member
- National Association of Counsel for Children – Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin Children & the Law Section – former Chair & Board Member; Legislative Committee
- State of Wisconsin - Joint Legislative Council Study Committee on Adoption Disruption & Dissolution (2014)
- State of Wisconsin - Joint Legislative Council Study Committee on Minor Guardianships (2018-19)
- Dawn E. Petersen Foundation Inc. - which supports families living with serious illness - Co-Founder and Board member
- St. Norbert College - Alumni Board - (2008-2014)
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters
- Mock Trial coach at Monona Grove High School (2004 - 2005)
DeWitt LLP is one of the ten largest law firms based in Wisconsin, with an additional presence in Minnesota. It has nearly 140 attorneys practicing in Madison and Metropolitan Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, in a variety of legal areas and has the experience to service clients of all scopes and sizes. The firm is known for its work in several areas, including intellectual property, patents, trademarks and copyright law, civil rights litigation, construction litigation, corporate law, employment, environmental, employee benefits, estate planning, family law, government relations, litigation, real estate, and tax law. More information is available at dewittllp.com.