After Donations to Area Food Pantries and Tellurian, Inc., Buck & Honey’s Restaurants to Re-Open for Carry Out and Delivery
When Buck & Honey’s Owner, Tom Anderson, needed to make a tough decision about closing down his two restaurants on March 16th due to COVID-19, the safety and well-being of his staff was his first concern. His next thought was, “How can we help?”.
“We had two restaurant kitchens full of food,” said Anderson. “We felt we needed to help our staff, so we sent groceries home with them to feed their families. But then we wanted to help a few local organizations knowing they were going to be hard-hit during the Safer-at-Home order.”
All said, Buck & Honey’s was able to send food to four very worthy community service organizations, to help provide meals to many throughout Dane County. Food donations went to:
- Tellurian, Inc., an addiction and mental health facility located in Monona
- The River Food Pantry
- Sunshine Place in Sun Prairie
- The Sun Prairie Emergency Food Pantry
Anderson has also been selling gift certificates on-line, and is giving 50% of those sales directly to his staff to help them get by during the Safer-at-Home proclamation if and when they need it. “Our staff is like family,” said Anderson. “We will do all we can to take care of them at this time.”
While closed, the Buck & Honey’s family of staff and musicians have stayed in contact with their community through Facebook videos. The video series has featured a few treasured recipes, a bit of cocktail mixology, and even a little musical entertainment…all including positive messages of hope and of getting back together soon.
Which is why there was such excitement surrounding the re-opening of both Buck & Honey’s locations for curbside pickup and delivery through Grubhub starting that started Wednesday, April 22nd. Both locations will be running 7 days a week with lunch 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM and dinner from 3:30 – 8:00 PM. Orders can be made online at www.BuckandHoneys.com or with a phone call to either restaurant. Sun Prairie can be contacted at 608-837-3131, and Monona at 608-478-2618.
In order to comply with CDC guidelines and recommendations, Buck & Honey’s will be taking extra precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of customers and employees, as that is their top priority. These precautions include:
- Daily pre-work symptom and temperature checks for all employees.
- Heightened hand washing and daily sanitation procedures.
- Curb-side pickup and delivery options as dining rooms are closed to customers.
- Cloth face covers will be provided for all employees.
- The use of gloves by all staff members at all times, to be replaced when a surface is touched.
- Credit card payments will be taken online and over the phone, no cash payments accepted.
- Employees will comply with social distancing as work duties permit.
- All staff will be continuously updated and educated on preventative measures outlined by the CDC.
“More than anything, we are just excited to be able to begin serving our guests again with Chef Sammy’s amazing dishes,” said Anderson. “Our limited staff is ready to get back to work, and we are thrilled to be able to make that happen in this capacity. We still long for the day to bring back our entire team to work.”