Meeting Time: First Tuesday of each month, 12-1 p.m., Location: TBD
Staff Liaison: Christina Williams, Outreach and Events Coordinator
Registration Fee: $100.00
Monthly Lunch Cost: No charge
- Ambassadors are a crucial link between The Chamber and its members and help foster an active business environment.
- To better leverage the strengths of our members in engaging and serving our members resulting in increased member retention.
- To better serve our members and the greater community by utilizing an elite corps of volunteers who are professional in every manner and who, through their representation, reestablish the Chamber’s reputation.
- To maximize the effectiveness of the Ambassadors by capitalizing on a more focused commitment vs. simply attending a networking lunch once a month.
- To provide the means for our members to foster meaningful, long lasting relationships rather than superficial, “one-time” contacts.
Mission: To serve as a public relations extension of the Sun Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Educate members about the services and benefits of their membership.
- Foster new member engagement in Chamber programs, events and committees.
- Nurture quality relationships.
- Attend ribbon cuttings, groundbreakings and grand openings.
- Assist with membership development activities and events.
- Meet and greet at monthly Chamber meetings.
- Welcome new members by way of a phone call or personal contact.
- Interview exiting members upon termination of membership.
Benefits to Ambassadors:
- Official ambassador name badge
- Opportunity to earn Ambassador spotlight through Ambassador of the Quarter in electronic newsletter
- Free Chamber event access when committing to volunteer at/for event
- Exclusive invitations to community events afforded to Chamber leadership teams only
- Exclusive networking opportunities (i.e. registration desks, greeting, etc.)
- Exclusive access to Chamber planning
- Identified as being a first point of contact for mentoring new business
- Opportunities to interact with staff and board of directors
- The opportunity to build relationships and networks that are deep, profitable and meaningful within the club, with other members and with the business community at large.
Expectations of Ambassadors:
- To represent The Chamber in a professional manner, including but not limited to: attire, professional behavior in all public interaction (during and after normal business hours), and on social media.
- Attend 75% (9 of 12) of Ambassador monthly networking lunch meetings.
- Foster involvement in the Chamber (networking & training programs) of new members during the first three months of their membership; Ambassador and Company paired-up through the “buddy system” model and the same Ambassador makes 1 & 9 month calls to the same business.
- Participate in Ambassador Visits and other member spotlight activities.
- For networking and program events, attend and help with greeting, registration, guiding first timers, building networking opportunities and/or clean-up.
- Mentor assigned new ambassador throughout their one-month trial membership period.
- Work with Outreach and Event Coordinator to establish prospects and outreach method to at-risk members.
- Submit monthly connection report to Outreach and Event Coordinator (can be done at monthly meeting
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement of program
- Complete an annual program and self-assessment
- Attend an ambassador orientation and various planning sessions throughout the year.
Rewards & Recognitions: Ambassador of the Quarter awarded for a feature in electronic newsletter. Ambassador of the Year will be recognized at the annual meeting in January of each year. A chairperson of the committee will be selected annually for the subsequent year by Chamber staff with club member input considered. Monthly Meetings: Monthly Ambassadors Lunch Meeting continues as scheduled, with structure to include networking and spotlights with Ambassador Members sharing 5-10 minutes about their business. Other elements to the monthly lunch meeting may include recognitions & rewards, mini trainings, volunteer sign-ups, buddy assignments, prospect assignments/follow ups, exit interview assignments, announcements and Chamber update from the Executive Director.
Ambassador Selection Process: Ambassadors are selected through an invitation, application and interview process. Prospects are identified by Chamber staff, board members and existing ambassadors. Prospects are vetted prior to invitation to ensure prior compliance with all expectations of a professional public image.
Applicants are required to:
- Be a current chamber member for 6 months
- Employed with current employer for 6 months (transfer of existing ambassador to new employee may be waived)
- Submit a completed Ambassador application
- Submit signed signature page (including signed employer consent) and signed Code of Conduct
- Complete interview with Outreach and Events Coordinator & Ambassador Chair
- Attend one Ambassador Luncheon (may be completed prior to or after interview)
- Complete one-month trial by shadowing Ambassador mentor at events/activities
- Attending annual on-boarding and orientation event
- Attend annual meeting for recognition as new ambassador
Applicants are evaluated on application information, professionalism, and Chamber involvement. Applications are submitted to the Outreach and Events Coordinator, then forwarded to the Ambassador Chair. Upon acceptance of an application by the Ambassador Leadership Team, an interview will be scheduled to complete the acceptance process. Applications will be accepted between October 1 and October 31 of each year for vetting, trial membership and determination of membership to occur no later than December 31 for membership the following year. Any changes to the Ambassador Program that involves policies or guidelines, must be approved by majority vote. The Ambassadors will comprise at least 5% and no more than 10% of the Chamber Membership. The group should be a balanced representation of the Membership. Ambassador recruitment will be an ongoing function to insure participation remains at a minimum of 5% of the Chamber membership.