Sun Prairie Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Application
Statement of Purpose:
The Sun Prairie Chamber of Commerce has established a scholarship program fund administered through the Sun Prairie Chamber Foundation. The goal is to assist four Sun Prairie area high school seniors who plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college, vocational-technical school or university immediately following their high school graduation.
- Applicants must be a senior in high school as defined by state education standards.
- Applicant must be a child of a chamber member or an employee of a chamber member, or a resident of the Sun Prairie School District
- All candidates are judged on their merit. Primary consideration is given to individuals who have demonstrated leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school and community activities. There must be evidence of a strong desire to succeed.
A committee comprised of individuals involved with the Sun Prairie business community will help select four (4) $500.00 award recipients across both Sun Prairie East and West High Schools. The winners will be announced at the school district’s annual awards ceremony.
- Completed student application including information detailing your leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school, community, and/or church activities
- Completion of brief essay on Building a Better Business Community
- Two letters of recommendation as outlined in the application
- Digital photo (PNG or jpeg format), if allowed
Procedures and Guidelines:
- Each school will publicize scholarship announcements and availability.
- The applicant is responsible for the timely completion of all requirements.
- Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the deadline will be disqualified.
- The Sun Prairie Chamber Scholarship Committee will announce the awards and they will be given at the school district's annual awards ceremony.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023