Sun Prairie Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Application
Statement of Purpose:
The Sun Prairie Chamber of Commerce has established a scholarship program fund administered through the Sun Prairie Chamber Foundation. The goal is to assist four Sun Prairie area high school seniors who plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college, vocational-technical school or university immediately following their high school graduation.
- Applicants must be a senior in high school as defined by state education standards.
- Applicant must be a child of a chamber member or an employee of a chamber member, or a resident of the Sun Prairie School District
- All candidates are judged on their merit. Primary consideration is given to individuals who have demonstrated leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school and community activities. There must be evidence of a strong desire to succeed.
A committee comprised of individuals involved with the Sun Prairie business community will help select four (4) $500.00 award recipients across both Sun Prairie East and West High Schools. The winners will be announced at the school district’s annual awards ceremony.
- Completed student application including information detailing your leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school, community, and/or church activities
- Completion of brief essay on Building a Better Business Community
- Two letters of recommendation as outlined in the application
- Digital photo (PNG or jpeg format), if allowed
Procedures and Guidelines:
- Each school will publicize scholarship announcements and availability.
- The applicant is responsible for the timely completion of all requirements.
- Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the deadline will be disqualified.
- The Sun Prairie Chamber Scholarship Committee will announce the awards and they will be announced at the school district's annual awards ceremony.
2024 Application will open January 1, 2024.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2024